Re: GBlist: Demand controlled ventilation

Tom Anderson; Mechanical Systems Design (hvac@together.net)
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:10:03 -0500

Marc J. Rosenbaum wrote:

> I believe the Standard 62-89R that Tom refers to is only a DRAFT - I asked a
> committee member if he thought it would be adopted by ASHRAE this year and he
> thought it doubtful. So it doesn't seem to me to be the new "standard of care"
> just yet.
>
> The most useful parts in it for me were the ways to assess how far exhaust
> components need to be from intake components and windows.
>
> I thought the new standard to be overly complicated and unwieldy, and likely
> that very few engineers who make their living designing these systems day in
> and day out were on the committee writing them - too complicated. Just check
> out the requirements for design documentation!
>
> Marc

The "R" in 62-89R stands for review copy. This is being taken very
seriously by the mainsteam design community. It will happen, more or
less similar to the R version. Only question is when.

Best Regards,

Tom Anderson