Re: GBlist: Re: Greywater

Craig

>Maybe a simpler heat exchanger would work.  A simple 55 gallon drum "bulge"
>in a greywater drain line, with interior loops of copper supply pipe would
>certainly warm up some incoming cold water, and help with the flow
>synchronization problem.

The GFX unit seems about as simple as you can get. Water falling down the
walls of a vertical pipe creates a large surface area for heat exchange.
Plus it's already approved by several plumbing codes.

>The heat exchanger mentioned above has great potential, if you
>can synchronize the flows.

There are several ways to plumb this, and I don't understand them all.
The web page (www.oikos.com/gfx/) shows a couple of options. It is
possible to link the preheated water right back into a shower, which is
perfectly in sync. Or you can feed the preheated water back into the tank.

Bruce