Re: GBlist: Re: greenbuilding-digest V1 #372

Scott,
First off...you would have the right to sue me...not the govenment, if I
damaged your property.

Second, give me a break.  I did not fall off the truck yesterday.  What
happened in Grand Fork was an act of God and nothing else.  Tooooo much water
from the El Nino.  Nothing more, nothing less.  With the federal laws that
are in place, I doubt that anyone filled in anything that contributed to the
flood.

Your explination is simple, and short sighted.

Grand Fork was flooded because of a 100 year flood cycle that no one paid any
attention to ....Build your house upon a rock...and not in a valley...much
less a flood plain!

People do rather stupid things and then want to blame everyone else for their
short commings.

Like building a home using cedar shakes in a fire zone.  You can bet that
someday it will catch on fire.  Don't cry when it does.

Best,
Charlie