RE: GBlist: Insulating a new stone house.

Chris,

>   There's a lister out there somewhere who uses scraps of stress skin
>   panels in masonry walls. Sounds ingenious and resourseful.
>
>   His web address is:
>
>   http://www.slic.com/~barkeatr

I looked into stress skin panels (mainly for the roof) and decided they
were too expensive.  I never thought about using scraps!  As one who has
found hundreds of uses for sink cutouts from counter material, I hang my
head in shame I did not think of the window & door cutouts from SKP's.

I'll have to see how close any SKP manufacturers are to the building site.

Thanks for the tip.

(Oh, I know that some foams don't outgas.  The ones I could find that had a
high enough R-value to dollar ratio at least sounded like they might.)

-->paul
monk@radix.net           | And when we find ourselves
A Shaker Song Circa 1840 | In the place just right
Author Unknown           | 'Twill be in the valley
Verse II                 | Of love and delight