Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:16:56 -0600
From: FROG <FROG@nbs.gov>
To: homestead@listserv.oit.unc.edu
Subject: Open House in MD - Strawbale/off-grid/solar/energy fair

     Folks:

     As part of the National Tour of Solar Homes

     http://www.sni.net/solar/htstates.htm

     of the American Solar Energy Society, our family and the Potomac
     Region Solar Energy Association (PRESEA) are opening our house this
     coming Saturday from Noon to 4 p.m.  PRESEA will also be hosting an
     Energy fair at the same site with 8 or more booths/speakers on solar
     and other energy related topics.  Also up for display will be the
     infamous strawbale octagon thing in all its mud-coated glory.

     There will be demonstrations of working with strawbales, mud
     plastering, the sawmill will be out on display, piles of deconstructed
     housing materials to marvel at, Fairhaven School materials, but, alas,
     no beer.

     See you there.(directions below)

     sam

         0<    0-      0<    0-      0<    0-      0<
     ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)
       L      L      L      L      L      L      L

     Sam Droege  FROG@NBS.GOV                      w 301-497-5840 h
     410-798-6759 fax 301-497-5784
     PWRC, 12100 Beech Forest Dr., Laurel, Md 20708-4038
     http://www.im.nbs.gov

     Busy, curious, thirsty fly!
     Drink with me and drink as I:
     Freely welcome to my cup,
     Couldst thou sip and sip it up:
     Make the most of life you may,
     Life is short and wears away.

     Both alike are mine and thine
     Hastening quick to their decline:
     Thine's a summer, mine's no more,
     Though repeated to threescore.
     Threescore summers, when they're gone, Will appear as short as one.
     -William Oldys

     Directions:

     While traveling on route 50 you will want to take the Davidsonville
     exit (Davidsonville lies between Bowie and Annapolis)
     Travel south of 50 toward the village of Davidsonville. Go about 3-4
     miles until you get to the first stop light This should be route 214
     Central Avenue
     Do not turn!
     Look at your odometer and travel 1.9 miles further along on 424
     (This stretch is actually called Birdsville Road for some historic
     reason) Turn right onto the very small dead-end road called Dodon
     Road.
     Go down a hill
     Follow the road as it makes a 90 degree turn to the left
     Take the next left turn onto a small gravel road that pretends to be
     our unmarked drive.
     Go1/2 mile until you see our house.

     Home phone is 410 798 6759

     If you get lost ask anyone on Dodon Road how to get to our house.