Re: correlation between anthesis and seed maturity for grasses

>or low?  In particular does anyone have or know of data or literature
>supporting the above observations or the more general expected
>correlation  of early anthesis, early seed readiness?  If  you do we would
>like to hear from you.

You may want to take a look at Crop Sci. 32:47-51 - "Selection for Early
Heading and Correlated Response in Maturity of Soft Red Winter Wheat".

Hope this helps,
Jerry

Jerry Elwinger
USDA - Agricultural Research Service
Pasture Systems and Watershed Management Research Laboratory
Curtin Road
University Park PA 16802
Phone:  814-863-0944
Fax:  814-863-0935