Re: Roundup information

On 06 Jun 1997 12:58:34 GMT, c.shaw@midnet.com (Colin Shaw) wrote:

>treeman@pond.com,Internet writes:
>>Colin Shaw wrote:
>> >Andrew Bennett,andrew_bennett@ns.sympatico.ca,Internet writes:
>> It is valid to argue that chemicals save lives!

>Please take care when quoting messages, I did _NOT_ write that
>drivel
>Colin Shaw

Don't worry about it. I take full responsibility.

To collect the various points I posted separately:
1) There are benefits as well as costs associated with
the use of Roundup.
2) The use of gross exaggeration in a number of clear cut
cases by the opponents of any chemical use - and, indeed,
their being forced beyond rhetoric to personal abuse -
suggests that their case is in fact week in the case of Roundup.

I find it very sad that those who hold themselves
up as the voice of reason destroy their credibility in this way.

From my posts being merely vilified rather than refuted, I
conclude that the use of Roundup is indeed safe, or at least
safer than that of alternative herbicides, and that it is
reasonable and prudent for me to consider its use in my
vineyard.

Andrew

Andrew Bennett; Avondale Vineyard
Adress is anti-spammed: for real e-mail name replace underscore by dot.