Re: Roundup information

Andrew Bennett wrote:
<..>
: From my posts being merely vilified rather than refuted, I
: conclude that the use of Roundup is indeed safe, or at least
: safer than that of alternative herbicides, and that it is
: reasonable and prudent for me to consider its use in my
: vineyard.

Your conclusion may be correct, but it doesn't follow from your
posts being 'vilified rather than refuted'. Seek advise from
other vineyard managers in your area. Visit them, see with your
own eyes what and how they are doing. IMO that would be more
reasonable and prudent.

It is essential to note (almost to banality) that Roundup can harm
green plants. You _have_ to be able to spray comfortably before leaves
develop on your grapevines; otherwise even small amounts of spray
drift can stunt the growth and weaken the plants towards pest
attacks for a long time.

If I remember correctly, you have a problem with keeping a reasonable
humus content in your soil. But Roundup will not help you doing this,
I assume?

Best regards,

Torsten Brinch

--