Re: Roundup information

On 08 Jun 1997 18:05:49 GMT, c.shaw@midnet.com (Colin Shaw) wrote:

>Well Andrew it seems to me that you have already made up
>your mind and are looking for the evidence to prove that
>using chemicals like Roundup is the right decision.

I have fought weeds in my vineyard without chemicals for
ten years.
I am losing organic matter in spite of use of mulch and
cover crops.
I am suffering erosion.
I am looking at methods which will preserve my top soil
for future generations.
It is claimed by the hated chemical merchants that chemical
weedkillers will free up the space for my cash crop while
doing less harm to the top soil than the tilling to which
I am currently forced. I am therefore considering such
methods; Roundup appears to be the safest available herbicide.

If those promoting alternatives to pesticides actually came
up with workable alternatives rather tham mere invective, I
would consider them too. Just because your mind may be made
up, it does not follow that mine is.

Andrew

Andrew Bennett; Avondale Vineyard
Adress is anti-spammed: for real e-mail name replace underscore by dot.