[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: News Advisory: Still Crazy -- no nuke waste problem, just doesn't exist ....

Rod Adams <atomicrod@aol.com> wrote:
: This industry had already built one facility and
: had another one well underway that would have provided a vast amount
: of storage space for fuel awaiting recycling.

  What proof do you have that this repository would have been safe and
effective?  In order for you to make the statement above, a track record
must have been established.  As there was none, your comment is little
more than wishful thinking.

Rod Adams <atomicrod@aol.com> wrote:
: Of course, the unilateral ban on private recycling projects was
: recinded during the next Administration, but the damage had already
: been done.  Private industry figured that there was no sense being
: in a business where a presidential decision could put you out of
: business overnight.

All industries can be put out of business overnight.  I just read an
article about an American broom manufacturer who will soon be out of
business due to NAFTA.  This is the cost of doing business.

It appears to me that if such a repository had been constructed and was
ready for operation, it would have been filled by now.  Filled with fuel
waste that was not reprocessed, and waste that will just have to be dug
up again if it is to re-enter the fuel cycle.

---
It can be taken for granted that before 1980 ships, aircraft,
locomotives  and even automobiles will be atomically fueled. - David
Sarnoff 1955

--
<---->