Re: prejudiced? (fwd)

I think those worms could go a long way in eating the extra animal manure
and maybe even keep it out of our water suply also and you can feed the
worms to the checkens,  How do you make the harvesters?

At 10:16 AM 6/13/98 -0700, William Bryan Evans wrote:

>please sstop and crack the books people.  I'm sorry, but high school
>chem was9th grade.Hydrogen watchout Dioxide was a joke then(1975).
>Or maybe y'all like to play dumb . Either way...
>]New subject  Vermiculture/Agriculture lets tie the 2 2gether.
>I believe that under controlled conditions one can realize a 300 fold
>increase in numbers in 90 days (Eisenia foetida..red wiggler/manure
>worm/brandling worm. So if your breeder operation was nothing more than
>a hot house say 15 meters by three, at the end of three months time you
>could take babies out and distribute to
>            300 new hot houses
>and so on..
>Ive seen the harvesters it is possible to separate castings from egg
>capsules from babies from breeders. General rule in animal husbandry,
>keep separate
>if you dont you dont see the exponential increase
>in other words  if you just divide bedding material via shovel
>your then depriving babies of food due to competion w mature worms.
>
>Instead run bedding thru harvesters to separate capsules.capsules go
>into new bedding.
> You don't run baby chicks under foot of chickes an roosters?
>Dont do the same w/ worms and youu'ww see exponential increase in demand
>for feed.
>What to feed?
>green waste
>only 3+billion tons yearly in the united States of America.
>yes I believe sewage sludge is included in that number
>All it would take is
>economies of scale to increase efficiency to eventually wipeout
>Big Oil's hold on the fertilizer industry.
>
>300 fold increase in numbers in 90 days
>
>picture a mobile shredder in suburbia.. puls up to the curb and proceeds
>to shred the homeowners green waste on the spot.  The homeowner is
>compensated by a reduction in his bill. The waste hauler is compensated
>by lowered tipping fee at the local dump.  The municipality is
>compensated by stretching  out the life of the land fill.
>What does the homeowner do w/ the shredded green waste.
>Feeds his compost pile/worms/garden
>goodbye Ammonium Sulfate
>Hello worm castings
>william evans

Sals@rain.org
check out an organic growers homepage at:
<http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html>http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html