Re: Saltbushes (Atriplex sp.)

>From: Mitchell Jones <ml_jones@mailexcite.com>
>To: Permaculture WA <perma@eepo.com.au>

>Hi there again,
>
>Sorry Helen I don't know about the negative impacts the use of roundup
 has, though I think if you do search comprehensively you will unturn
some info about it.

>Rather I would like to ask everyone if they know or know of any
research about using saltbushes as companion plants for growing plants
in salt affected lands? Any studies on saltbushes or such would be
useful information for me.  I've been wondering about these amazing
little plants for a while and have decided to do a research project
about them.  Thanks in advance....and just want to let everyone know
here that whatever they may be doing, keep up the good work :)

Hi Mitch,
         The CSIRO in Australia has lots of information about saltbush
and regeneration, and they may have information about mixing it with
other plants in reclamation.
Saltbush here can grow to 3 metres, and I have no idea how many varietes'
are available.

>Mitch.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
victor.guest@eepo.com.au                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024