Re: Help! Model Ordinances, Direct Marketing Farmer Surveys

MariavHM@aol.com wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Two things I need help with:
>
> 1.  Existing Model ordinances which accomodate farmers' markets in
> municpalities (urban environments)
>
> 2.  Surveys that seek information about farmers and direct marketing,
> challenges and opportunities
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide!
>
> Maria Magnelli van Hekken
> Director Program Development
> Farmers' Market Trust
> mariavhm@aol.com
> 610-432-4884
> 610-439-2848 (fax)
Maria, Would it be appropriate for producers of professionally and
safely made composts to take their composted organics to such markets as
a means of reaching the farmers and possibly even educating those who
are interested in the value of composting as an alternative to
landfills? Recently in Oklahoma we had a wonderful session with
recyclers, environmentalists and others working together to introduce
composting as a means of halting the spread of incineration and
landfillwhich wastes otganics and pollutes air, water, and soil. i would
invite those with such agricultural inclinations to investigate the
International Composting Association (details on my website below) as a
means of developing better composting and getting that compost back into
the soil. We have a meeting in Lake Lure NC on October 23 &24 with
speakers from around the country to address that and other composting
issues! Its free.
--

Atlanta International Communications,Inc./Sales Reps. & Consulting Svcs.
See our web site! Updated 07-14-97 http://www.mindspring.com/~atlintlcom