Re: Strawpersons Living in Houses of Cards

Jay Woods (jwoods@sr.radiks.net)
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:31:23 -0600 (CST)

This opportunity is too good to pass up:

Response 1 (Joke): Thermodynamics assures me that the energy output will
be close to but slightly less than the energy input when the machine and
I are considered as a closed system. (Don't get any weird ideas.)

Response 2 (Almost serious): If the machine is considered to be the same
as tools, the human species has been using tools for over 50,000 years.
That is sustainable enough for me.

Response 3 (Serious): If the machines use solar power or the equivalent
in renewable energy for their use and full production cycle it would
require more than your _fiat_ to convince me that you are correct. I
would be interested in how you justify your statement. YOu may be able
to do so.
---Jay Woods