Re: Tone of messages

Joan E Gussow (jeg30@columbia.edu)
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:00:38 -0500 (EST)

Some things that were considered "faddist" twenty years ago:
Organic farming
any connection between diet and cancer
the possibility that eating locally might actually be attractive
to anyone but a fanatic
limits to growth of anything (Simon still considers this faddist,
but what the hell)
All of us should be deeply modest about what we KNOW.
A happy lurker. Eat locally