Re: TH: Re: Usenet Newsgroup

 Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
 -------
RT Ellsberry wrote:

>  could you support 'sci.environment.forests' -- expressly inclusive
>  of community forests, backyard forests, old-growth etc ?

Here's another possibility for beating into mulch 'sci.environment.urban'.
The study of Forestry in wild places is about ecosystems, not just trees. Urban
Forestry, for me, is part watershed management, part air quality management,
part waste reduction, part urban planning, an opportunity to foster community
building,  a way of developing a sense of place and more. Trees are a central piece
of the urban environment system.

Jeff
TreePeople
City of Angels