Re: TH: Re: Usenet Newsgroup

 Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
 -------
Jeff Hohensee wrote:

>  Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
>  -------
> RT Ellsberry wrote:
> >
> >  could you support 'sci.environment.forests' -- expressly inclusive
> >  of community forests, backyard forests, old-growth etc ?
> >

> Here's another possibility for beating into mulch 'sci.environment.urban'.
> The study of Forestry in wild places is about ecosystems, not just trees....
>
> Jeff
> TreePeople
> City of Angels

Given Jeff's comments, which I agree with, would it not be more
appropriate to use ecology instead of environment as in
sci.ecology.forests or sci.ecology.trees? Landscape ecology (Oops! That
might collide with those rules again : (  ) might be even better to
distinguish us from the wildland forest folks.

Beverly Gingg
Santa Margarita Community Forestry
http://www.slonet.org/~bgingg/