TT: shade tree diversity

Hi,
	I am a member of our town's Shade Tree Commission and a univeristy
ecologist.  Some students from the campus environmental organization and I
started a survey of the town's street trees for the Commission.  By genus,
the 600+ trees are 60% maple, 12% honey locust (thornless variety), 6%
callery pear, and <5% in 18 other genera.  By species, the trees 49%
Norway maple, 12% honey locust, 6% callery pear, 5% sugar maple, and <5%
in 26 other species.
	Our street trees seem to me to be lacking in diversity (not to
mention the predominance of non-natives).  My question is: how does the
diversity of our trees compare to the diversity in other areas?

Thanks for your input,

Marianna Wood
Bloomsburg University
Bloomsburg PA