Re: TT: special trees

 Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:26:22 -0500
 From: Abby <greensouth@ibm.net>
 C2ALTS wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on protective covenants or other ways of
> building protection for individual trees into a deed?

Connie:  I've enjoyed this thread also. Maybe this idea would work. . .
I live outside Atlanta and went to school at Univ of Georgia in Athens
in the '70's.
I don't think it is still living, but there was a tree famous in Athens
at that time -  "The Tree That Owns Itself".  Evidently somebody set up
the tree as the owner of the property it grew in/on and it couldn't be
cut down.  As I recall, the street went *around* the tree.
Maybe you could do this?

Abby Jordan
Green South Fulton (trying to protect a LOT of trees!!!)
greensouth@ibm.net