No Subject

I am a volunteer with a land conservation group.  One common task for
voluteers is to walk the boundaries of newly-acquired or donated
properties and to put up signs to mark the boundaries.  Historically,
members of the group have used wooden signs nailed into trees on the
property borders.  I am wondering if there is an equally-effective method
of posting a property without pounding nails into trees.  Or am I being a
little too anthropomorphic about the possible negative impacts of nails
being driven into trees?

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks,  John

Follow-Ups: References: