TT: Re:

John Ross Cannon wrote:

> I am a volunteer with a land conservation group.  One common task for
> voluteers is to walk the boundaries of newly-acquired or donated
> properties and to put up signs to mark the boundaries.  Historically,
> members of the group have used wooden signs nailed into trees on the
> property borders.  I am wondering if there is an equally-effective method
> of posting a property without pounding nails into trees.  Or am I being a
> little too anthropomorphic about the possible negative impacts of nails
> being driven into trees?

Anthropomorphic, darn I love this group!  No, your not, and it is a
negative impact, for tree and man, when he tries to use that tree.
Check you state agencies, in Texas and Missouri and a few other states
you can use the "Purple Paint Law" to mark your lands.  Basically a
specific colored paint, applied in a specific manner to boundary trees
or fence posts will do the same as posted signs.
--
Don Staples
UIN 4653335