TT: Your tree stories

To those of you who posted suggestions on the Cottonwood tree, thanks
much...I'm waiting for more information from the woman who asked the
question, and I'll pass on the specifics when I get them.

At this point, though, I'm wondering if any of you have personal "tree
stories" to share with me.  The TreeLink site will be putting up the
first issue of our quarterly on-line journal in February, and one part
of the journal is called "Tree Stories"...it contains stories in which
people tell their experience with a specific tree in their life, or talk
about what trees mean in their life in general.  I've collected several
so far, including the story of a woman who had a dog who climbed trees
and a couple who planted a tree to commemorate their marriage (and then
the tree had some very strange adventures).

If you have an interesting story to tell, I'd love it if you could
e-mail me at svance@treelink.org.  You folks seem to have some great
insights into trees and probably have had some fascinating experiences
(or have some great insights into the meaning and gift of trees in your
lives).

Thanks in advance!   Sherri