TT: Re: Live Oak

Ah, the state tree of Ga. Its difficult to match its splendor and sprawling
branches.
While traveling thru Statesboro, Ga. a few years ago, I noticed a local
hotel had
pruned their 30'  Live Oaks into a box shape much to my horror (probably an
aspiring forester). Thank goodness, the trees have been "put to sleep"
since.
There is a Southern Magnolia that has shown cold hardiness to -25F,
Bracken's
Brown Beauty. There  is a mass planting in Cinncinnati(sp) and has beaten
the odds. So Yankees that want to take a chance,try it but please leave the
skirt !
Craig/Athens,Ga.