No Subject

Richard Wrote:
> > On an unrelated aside, Nat'l Public Radio reported last week that the
> > modern suburban lawn was precisely described in a landscaper's text back
> > in the 1880s by an author named 'Scott,' unaffiliated with the grass
> > seed company.  Curious historians will want to locate this extremely
> > influential book.

Don't loan me your copy; I'll burn it!

          &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The is a book called "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" (or something close).
That tree is a Magnolia, and gave name to the Magnolia Center.  I always
imagined it as a Southern, even though I know they aren't supposed to
survive (all the way) up there.

Does anybody know what species of Magnolia that tree is?

Lisa, are you with us?

Toodles,

-=G=-

Follow-Ups: References: