TT: Re: your mail

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Gary Letteron wrote:

> The is a book called "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" (or something close).
> That tree is a Magnolia, and gave name to the Magnolia Center.  I always
> imagined it as a Southern, even though I know they aren't supposed to
> survive (all the way) up there.
>
> Does anybody know what species of Magnolia that tree is?
>
> Lisa, are you with us?

Sorry, I've been catching up with mail today (about 100 messages to go)
anyway, if people scroll up a few messages I covered the Magnolia Tree
Center.  Yep its some sort of Southern Magnolia.

However, as I remember "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" that tree is an
ailanthus.  I'll find a copy and figure it out.  But probably not soon.

Lisa
New York

Follow-Ups: References: