Re: TT: Re: your mail

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Kathie Grace Schreibman wrote:

> However, as I remember "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" that tree is an
> ailanthus.  I'll find a copy and figure it out.  But probably not soon.

Alas, I haven't read the book, but was told "the tree" was a Magnolia
(Not always a reliable source!).  Either way, the nick name "the tree that
grows in Brooklyn" has been given to the Ailanthus --because of the book.

My favorite name for Ghetto Palms (Ailanthus) is still the Baltimore City
Walnut!

-=G=-

Follow-Ups: References: