TT: Expenditure on urban forestry: comparative data (fwd)

 Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:29:01 -0500
 From: "Jenny Gulick" <Jenny.Gulick@cinparks.rcc.org>

As far as the Cincinnati, Ohio data goes....in 1997 the urban forestry
budget
was $1.3 million.  In 1997, the city's total budget was $600 million.
Therefore, 0.22% of the city total budget was allocated for urban forestry.

The wide range of per capita spending, in my opinion, is a reflection of
the
value the politicians and citizens place upon their urban forest, the age
of the
program, and the citizens' service level expectations (the higher the level
of
services expected, the higher the urban forestry budget).  Cincinnati's per

capita spending at this time is $3.56.

If you have any other questions, please contact me at your convenience.

Jennifer Gulick
Natural Resource Manager
Cincinnati Park Board
950 Eden Park Drive