Re: TT: Winter lights

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Mary Bedard wrote:

> ... Does anyone know of a threshold type of product that would cover the
> cords across the walk and stand up to winter weather?  Or what the
> liability of such treatment would be?   Other solutions? ...

 Hi Again Mary -

 There is a product available at computer and 'Office Depot' type stores
 that is in fact called a 'threshold.'  It covers 6 feet or so (~2m) of
 standard electrical cord and costs about 10$.  It is of heavy flexible
 vinyl and should do what you want it to do.

 The liabilty questions are more complicated, but then seasoned Community
 Foresters know that anything we do raises liability possibilities.  (It
 is somewhat chilling to think that not doing anything protects one from
 liability suits :) ...

 One big word of caution from past discussions here is that PLEASE remove
 your strings of holiday lights from around trees after the season is
 over.  Also you may find that ordinary duct tape performs a similar
 function, at less expense.  Still we cannot deny that Christmas brings
 us some of our best opportunities to enjoy the beauty of and symbolic
 appreciation for trees, especially our conifers.

 Richard@Flora.Com