Re: TT: osage orange

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997, Gary Letteron wrote:

> Did someone say that the osage orange isn't good for much?  It has dense
> wood that appears almost tropical.  There is nothing better for making
> tool handles!

The fruit is also great for cutting and baking to make christmas
ornaments!

(And the fruit is good for pelting pesky big brothers with, from high up
top of an osage orange tree)

Susan

        Susan Collicott play:camel@serv.net work:susan@nwnet.net
If you were dirt upon a road, in sultry summer weather, I'd be a cloud
             and rain on you, and we'd make mud together.