Re: TT: osage orange

Richard,
If folks look on Iowa State University Forestry Extension's homepage at
http://www.ag.iastate.edu/departments/forestry/ext/ext.html they will find
a  "Key to Common Trees of Iowa", and on the key page they will find a
section titled "Index of Iowa Trees".  If they click on Osage Orange in
this section they will see a picture and a general description of the
species.  This is not a native species in Iowa , but it is found in the
southern half of the state.

Mark Vitosh
Ames, IA
Iowa State University

You Wrote:>
> Gary - If you're still sitting at your keyboard, could you tell us
> how one identifies an Osage Orange tree -- for the benefit of those
> who may not be familiar with this interesting species.  Its fruit,
> about the size of a large orange, has folds or fissures very like
> a brain.

> Also - if anyone has had difficulty trying to get off of the TreeTown
> list, you can always send a note to me to take care of that for you.
> And remember to invite your colleagues and friends to join our forum.
>
> Richard@Flora.Com
> TreeTown ListOp
> Baltimore USDA Zone 7

Follow-Ups: References: