Re: GBlist: cutting boards again

John Salmen wrote:
>Somebody wrote that this has been discounted - anyone have anything
>current on the 'cutting board controversy'

Seems like I recently saw an article in (maybe?) a quarterly FDA consumer
newsletter that talked about wood vs. plastic cutting boards.  My
interpretation was that the best option is to have separate cutting boards;
one for meat and one for other things.  Makes sense to me.  The meat usually
goes through a subsequent cooking/heat sterilization process whilst the
veggies often do not.

Sorry I can't find the actual article.  It was more detailed than I've
indicated above.
Craig DeWitt
SC Energy R&D Center